The game goes back to the year 1720 when it was a combination between the wheel game and the Italian Beribe game.
Roulette is a casino game; the name came from the French word which means little wheel. It was invented in the eighteenth century in France, and since then, it has spread and developed over the years in European countries and America.
The roulette Game is considered one of the most preferred casino games for gamblers. whether professional or beginners, as it considers a good star in the world of gambling.
Roulette has spread over the past years and becomes available via Arab and international online casino sites, where the player can play roulette through these sites from in the world, but also through the live casino.
Top Casinos To Play American Roulette
- Top Casinos To Play American Roulette
- American Roulette vs European Roulette
- Tips To Play American Roulette
- Types of Bets in American Roulette
- American Roulette Strategies
- Bizzare Stories of Roulette Winners
- American Roulette FAQ
American Roulette vs European Roulette
American roulette is one of the most popular types of roulette, whether in real or online casinos.
Although the difference between American roulette and European one, is not remarkable to every player, the professional player can easily distinguish between them.
The difference between American roulette and European is that American roulette contains numbers from 0 to 36 and has one addition to a double zero.
European roulette also includes numbers from 0 to 36, but the total is 37. To explain it more simply, American roulette differs in the design of the roulette wheel itself from European roulette, where a hole (00) has been added.
Thus, the wheel became composed of 38 holes, while it was originally composed of 37 holes.
Another important difference is that the casino has a higher house edge in American Roulette, which is 5.26%, whereas, in European Roulette, it is 2.70%
Tips To Play American Roulette
- Choosing a reliable online casino: The player needs to choose a reliable and legal online casino with official licenses.
- Avoiding addiction: The player should have a responsibility and specify an amount of money to bet and try not to exceed this amount to avoid falling into the circle of addiction and spending so much money.
- Choosing the right time to withdraw: this prevents the player from big losses and ensures that he keeps half the bet. Separation of the winnings amounts from the betting budget, and this prevents the player from losing his entire balance.
The possibilities of winning in American roulette may decrease, and the casino advantage increases when compared to the possibilities of winning in European roulette.
Types of Bets in American Roulette
- Direct Bet: Bets are placed on one number only, from 1 to 36, as well as on the two numbers 0-00.
In this type of American roulette bet, the winnings are a very high percentage, and the player can win up to 35 times his original bet, though the possibilities of winning in this type of bet are very low.
- Double bet: In this kind, Betting is placed on two adjacent numbers on the roulette wheel. On this two-way bet, the player’s winnings could be up to 17 times their original bet.
- Columns bet: This bet is based on 12 numbers, which means on a consecutive group of numbers, and is divided into 3 main groups, 1-12, 13-24, 25-36.
A player can also bet on whole columns of 12 numbers. The winnings on this bet are double the original bet.
- Row bet: one of the American roulette bets, which to place the bet on 3 numbers in a row, and the winnings on this bet are 11 times the base bet.
- Corner Bet: is to place the betting on 4 numbers in a square shape. The winnings on this bet are 8 times the original bet.
- Line bets: The player bets on 6 numbers in two successive rows; the payout is 5 times the base bet.
- Group: What is meant here is, the groups that are similar in colors, such as red or black groups, or odd groups. In this bet, the player’s winnings possibilities are the same in the basic one. so, the more numbers are bet on, the smaller the profit percentage is, and the more the betting is, the higher the probability of winning.
When Zero Wins
- All Dozen and Colum bets lose
- You lose half your wager for Even bets
- All Bets not placed on Zero or combinations of Zero lose.
American Roulette Strategies
These Strategies are common in American roulette and European.
The Martingale strategy is based on doubling the player’s bet after his loss, to compensate for the previous losses and achieve a small profit; in other words, if the player places his bet on one color only and then continues to double the bet until he wins, he recovers his losses on the condition that he continues to multiply the losing bets.
Which is mean the opposite way of the Martingale strategy. So, the goal here is to increase the bet when winning and decrease it when losing. instead of raising your bet as a player when losing.
The player in this strategy has to be careful because it is not necessary that if one of the colors wins 100 times in a row, that doesn’t mean the other color will appear in the next round.
The probabilities of roulette tournaments have less than 50/50 chances due to the 0 and 00. If the player wants to win, he must win bigger bets or win to compensate for the losses.
This betting method is based on high and low bets based on which one is safer than doubling. This strategy is used by roulette players who are looking for a safer game than either Roulette Martingale or Reverse Martingale.
The first person who invented this Arithmetic method was the Italian mathematician Ionardole of Pisa, known as Fibonacci.
This strategy involves betting by adding the last two bets together, and in this way the player can make a profit even if he loses a greater number of games than he has won.
James Bond strategy
This strategy was invented by Ian Fleming, an English author, and naval intelligence officer who is also one of the thousand famous “James Bond” characters.
At that time, he told people that a player needs at least $ 200 to start playing and betting.
Bizzare Stories of Roulette Winners
His nickname was the man who bankrupted the casino of Monte Carlo. One night, Charles, went to the famous Monte Carlo casino and started playing roulette. That night, great luck was on his side.
As he won 23 out of 30 bets, and he even managed to beat the bank in the sense that the “table” money had expired and had to borrow Casino money to pay out winnings to Charles.
That night he won a million francs.
Surprisingly, Charles returned to the casino soon to gamble and to try his luck again, to also win another one million francs.
The story of Ashley Revelle is strange like a fairy tale. One day, Revelle decided to sell all his properties, “the house, the car, his clothes and his watches” in addition to withdrawing all his savings and going to Las Vegas casinos to bet on a game of roulette.
Revelle decided to bet on the red color only, and the big surprise was when the dealer threw the ball and it fell into the number 7 which carries the red color and only one turn. then Revelle decided to double his fortune with just one bet. To earn $ 135,000
Later Ashley Revelle created a site for playing online poker to help people to find jobs through internet casino sites.
Chris dreamed of going to Las Vegas to play roulette, so he saved money for three years and accumulated a thousand dollars.
Boyd, who was a 40-year-old computer programmer at the time, searched most of the Las Vegas casinos in order to find a casino with his bet amount, and indeed after a long search, he struck a deal with Binion’s Horseshoe Club. Who decided to make an exception where the maximum bet amount was 100,000 thousand dollars.
They also changed the wheel from American roulette to European roulette.
Boyd bet on red for $220,000, and the big coincidence was that the ball landed on red 7, the same number that Revel bet on to leave Las Vegas with a double fortune.
American Roulette FAQ
Is there a best bet in American Roulette?
There is no complete best bet in American roulette, but we can say that the European roulette table has a lower house edge percentage than the other kinds, which can offer better bets than other kinds.
What is the difference between American Roulette and European Roulette?
There are two main differences between American Roulette and European Roulette. The American Roulette has two zero pockets making the total number on the wheel 38. As for European Roulette, it has only one zero pockets which make the total numbers on the wheel 37. The house edge of American Roulette is 5.26% which is much higher than that of European roulette, which is 2.70%.
Is American Roulette better than European Roulette?
Actually, American Roulette is generally not very recommended because it has a higher house edge than European.
How To win at American Roulette?
Winning at American Roulette depends on luck 100%. However, you can try out some progressive strategies like Martingale, Fibonacci, or D’Alembert.